How to make Home Made HONEYCOMB
(this recipe can be dangerous, stove temperature can reach over 300 degree Celcius !!)
6 tbs white sugar
2 tbs golden syru p or honey
2 tsp water
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Put 2 tbs of golden syrup or honey, 6 tbs of white sugar and 2 tsp of water in a in a saucepan and stir over a gentle heat until the sugar is totally dissolved.
Bring to the boil and boil for sevral minutes or until all sugar grains have dissolved. (Be Careful not to burn mixture)
Remove Pan from heat and quickly add the 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda. (At this point the mixture will froth)
Stir quickly and pour into a pre greased lamington tin (will fill about a 30cm X 20cm container). ( Just
remember to be careful not to add too much bicarb soda )
As the mixture starts to cool, mark into pieces. When cold, break into pieces and Enjoy.
Make sure you store in an air tight jar.
NOTE: If you muck around with food colouring, you can make Purple, Blue, Red, Green or any coloured
honeycomb you can think of, even coloured swirls through the honeycomb.
For Best Results, Don’t add food dye until just before your going to add the bicarb
1. You Can get some milk chocolate or dark chocolate, melt it and pour it over the honeycomb to make your
own version of Crunchie or Violet Crumble..
2. You Can crushed the honeycomb into pieces over ice cream & create a delicious tasting hokey pokey ice
3. just 1 or 2 drops of Green Food Dye and You have Shrek Honey Comb!!!
1. create square block of green home made honeycomb.
2. Melt melting chocolate, pour over top of already set h oneycomb.
3. Let Set??
5. Chewy Honey Comb – You can also make the honeycomb chewy instead of crunchy by adding 1 tbs of Olive
oil white it’s on the boil.
Enjoy The Recipe, Have Fun & Be Safe in all you cooking endeavours.