How to make Home Made HONEYCOMB
(this recipe can be dangerous, stove temperature can reach over 300 degree Celcius !!)
6 tbs white sugar
2 tbs golden syrup or honey
2 tsp water
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1.) Put 2 tbs of golden syrup or honey, 6 tbs of white sugar and 2 tsp of water in a in a saucepan and stir over a gentle heat until the sugar is totally dissolved.
2.) Bring to the boil and boil for several minutes or until all sugar grains have dissolved. (Be Careful not to burn)
3.) Remove Pan from heat and quickly add the 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda. (At this point the mixture will froth) Stir quickly and pour into a pre greased lamington tin (will fill about a 30cm X 20cm container). ( Just remember to be careful not to add too much bicarb soda )
4.) As the mixture starts to cool, mark into pieces. When cold, break into pieces and Enjoy.
Make sure you store in an air tight jar.
NOTE: If you muck around with food colouring, you can make Purple, Blue, Red, Green or any coloured honeycomb you can think of, even coloured swirls through the honeycomb.
For Best Results, Don’t add food dye until just before your going to add the bicarb
1. You Can get some milk chocolate or dark chocolate, melt it and pour it over the honeycomb to make your own version of Crunchie or Violet Crumble..
2. You Can Crush honeycomb into pieces & sprinkle it over ice cream & create a delicious tasting hokey pokey ice cream..
3. just 1 drop or so of Green Food Dye and You have Shrek Honey Comb!!!
1. create square block of green home made honeycomb.
2. Melt melting chocolate, pour over top of already set honeycomb.
3. Let Set??
5. Chewy Honey Comb - You can also make the honeycomb chewy instead of crunchy by adding 1 tbs of Olive oil white it’s on the boil.
Enjoy The Recipe, Have Fun & Be Safe in all you cooking endeavours.